Stories, Art, Food, Teaching, Travel, and the other Loves of my Life

Stories, Art, Food, Teaching, Travel, and the other Loves of my Life
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do / With your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver, "The Summer Day"

Monday, May 10, 2010

What I Hope It's Like

This is what I hope for, down the line... it just feels right.

Beautiful love note that Jordan wrote Paul on their five year anniversary:

Five years ago today Paul and I got married. For sure it is the best decision I've ever made. In the past five years we've had two children, lived in two small San Francisco apartments, kept the same trusty 2001 Honda Civic, traveled to Paris, Thailand, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, New York, Boston and Hawaii. We've owned 7 sofas (and sold 6 of them). We've both gone from working full time to working for ourselves. We've felt rich and felt poor. I have learned Illustrator, Photoshop, Letterpress and how to blog. We've thrown lots of parties and eaten at lots of good restaurants and made lots of interesting friends. If you would have told me five years ago what my life would be like now I would have kissed you on the mouth. Almost every good thing in my life is a result of marrying this good man. Here is to five more happy years--Love you Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment