Stories, Art, Food, Teaching, Travel, and the other Loves of my Life

Stories, Art, Food, Teaching, Travel, and the other Loves of my Life
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do / With your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver, "The Summer Day"

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Simple Pleasures: Sleep Soother

There was once a time when I'd never heard of such luxuries as "linen spray," "bed mist," or "room tranquilizers." In high school, I loved the smell of conditioner so much, I would mix it in a spray bottle with water and spray it over my bed. Or, I'd rub a sheet of fabric softener over my sheets, to get that freshly-laundered scent that I've always found so clean and soothing.

And then, behold! Trying linen spray (or whatever you want to call it) for the first time is like trying gazpacho for the first time: weird at first, but so memorable, and from then on, you either love it or hate it.

I've tried quite a few mists, but this one by V'Tae is by far my favorite. Not too floral, not too "clean" (which borders on "chemical" all too often), I swear I don't last 30 seconds after my head hits the pillow. One of my favorite things is crawling in to my neroli scented sheets with freshly shaved legs, I feel downright royal. And for $18, it's a splurge I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment